You don’t always need spoken or written words to communicate. Nonverbal communication sends a message without words. Often unintentional, nonverbal communication can reveal how a person really feels. It’s important that nonverbal communication is in sync with the words being said.
By the end of this course, you will be able to
- Describe how a person communicates without words
- Understand how body language sends a message
- Interpret different types of body language
- Describe how spatial distance impacts communication
- List ways to convey openness and acceptance