Your Acceptance of Terms
- a “Visitor,” meaning you simply browse the Class Sites, including, without limitation, through a mobile or other wireless device, or otherwise use the Class Sites without being registered, or
- a “Student,” meaning that you have registered with 180 Skills for a User ID and User Password (defined below), will complete the homework assignments and exams, and have enrolled in and paid for access to services, content, and/or certification provided by 180 Skills or its Educational Partners (defined below), or
- an “Attendee,” meaning that you have registered with 180 Skills for a User ID and User Password (defined below) and that you intend to audit the Online Courses, i.e., attend or view lectures online without accessing final projects or assessments required for certification, or completing the homework assignments, exams or other course work related to assessments for certification.
The term “User” refers to a Visitor, Student or Attendee.
User Accounts and User Registration; Educational Partners
While any Visitor can view the Class Sites, in order to use the Class Sites and take part in the Online Courses, you must select a login identification (“User ID”) and a user password (“User Password”) that is unique and entirely different from your User ID (collectively, a “User Account”). You agree that you will never divulge or share access or access information to your User Account with any third party for any reason.
In setting up your User Account, you may be prompted or required to enter additional information, including but not limited to your name and email address. Additional information may be required to confirm your identity. You understand and agree that all information provided by you is accurate, current and complete and that you will maintain and update your information to keep it accurate, current and complete. You acknowledge that if any information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we reserve the right to terminate your use of the Class Sites and your enrollment in the Online Courses.
The Class Sites are available to any User. However, access to the Online Courses is restricted to Attendees or Students that have a registered User Account. By registering, you agree that:
- you are registered for the course only once and will not set up multiple User Accounts; and
Additional requirements apply to Students. As a Student, in addition to the points above, you agree that:
- you are registering with the intent to complete online coursework, complete homework assignments, take and submit exams and other activities related to taking the class;
- iif you are taking an Online Course for academic credit or certification as a student of, or otherwise through, an Educational Partner, such as accredited universities and other educational institutions, corporate sponsors and non-profit foundations and institutions (each an “Educational Partner”), any such credit or certification may only be awarded directly by the Educational Partner based on its own policies and procedures, and you may be required by that Educational Partner to be registered or enrolled with the Educational Partner in order to receive credit or certification; and, in any event, 180 Skills will not have any authority or responsibility with respect to any award of academic credit or certification provided by an Educational Partner for any Online Course;
- if you are not taking an Online Course for academic credit or certification provided by an Educational Partner, then, subject to your satisfactory performance determined in the sole discretion of 180 Skills, you may be awarded a verified certificate of accomplishment upon conclusion of the applicable Online Course (“Verified Certificate”), and you acknowledge that any such Verified Certificate awarded may not be affiliated with any college, university, company, or other certifying institution, and may not stand in the place of a course taken with an Educational Partner or convey academic credit or certification for any Educational Partner;
- you acknowledge that instructors of any Online Course will not be obligated to make any attempts to get the course recognized by any accredited or other educational institution; and you will abide by the Student Conduct Policy listed below.
Online Courses you for certification from the 180 Skills site are eligible for refund under terms specified in the section entitled “Payment Terms” below. If a refund is issued, you’ll no longer receive certification and associated services for the course.
If you do not qualify, you may not attend the Online Courses.
180 Skills may make certain Online Courses available to Students and Attendees in partnership with or on behalf of its Educational Partners, Your access to such Online Courses may be provided to you through your single User Account. You acknowledge and agree that any Online Course affiliated with an Educational Partner may be subject to terms, policies and procedures of the applicable Educational Partner in addition to the terms, policies and procedures of 180 Skills. Without limiting the foregoing, if you are a student registered or enrolled at, or are otherwise attending, an Educational Partner and are taking an Online Course for credit or certification through that Educational Partner, you acknowledge and agree that (a) the Educational Partner may have its own terms, policies or procedures regarding your eligibility to participate in the Online Course, your participation in the Online Course, the requirements or prerequisites for receiving credit or certification for the Online Course, and/or your educational or student records as they may relate to your participation and performance in the Online Course, and (b) your educational or student records are maintained by the Educational Partner, including for purposes of assigning credit or certification, and not 180 Skills.
1180 Skills and the instructors of the Online Courses reserve the right to alter, modify or rearrange the schedule of topics for the Online Courses, as well as the point value or weight of assignments, tests, quizzes, exams, projects and other such evaluations of progress. A Verified Certificate shall be awarded, in the sole discretion of 180 Skills and the instructors for the Online Courses, to Students who have completed the course to the satisfaction of 180 Skills. By attending the Online Courses, Students acknowledge that 180 Skills and the instructors maintain the right and ability to adapt, modify or revise the Online Courses as 180 Skills and the instructors deem appropriate
User Conduct Policy
To the extent you are registered or enrolled as a student in, or are otherwise attending, an Educational Partner or other institution with its own policy regarding student and/or employee conduct or an “honor code,” those terms shall apply to you as a student and/or employee of such institution. Additionally, unless the following conflicts with such a policy or honor code, any User of the Online Courses agrees that he or she:
- will not harass other Students, Attendees or Visitors;
- will not cheat on any homework assignment or exams for the Online Courses;
- will not post online any Secured Testing Materials (as defined below);
- will not share solutions to homework assignments or exams; and
In addition, you may not post, upload, or transmit to or otherwise make available through the Class Sites or Online Courses any content, communications, or other information (collectively, “Unauthorized Content”):
- that is obscene, fraudulent, indecent, or libelous or that defames, abuses, harasses, discriminates against or threatens others;
- that contains any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other disabling devices or other harmful components intended to or that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information;
- that you do not have the right to disclose or make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- that consists of any high volume, automated, or electronic means to access the Class Sites (including without limitation robots, spiders or scripts);
- that infringes the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity, or other intellectual property or proprietary right of any third party;
- that violates the rights of other Users of the Class Sites; or
- that violates any applicable local, state, national or international law or otherwise advocates or encourages any illegal activity.
180 Skills Intellectual Property Rights
All content or other material available on the Class Sites or through the Online Courses, including but not limited to on-line lessons, video lessons, quizzes, presentation materials, homework assignments, programming assignments, programs, code, and other images, text, layouts, arrangements, displays, illustrations, documents, materials, audio and video clips, HTML and files (collectively, the “Content”), are the property of 180 Skills and/or its affiliates or licensors and are protected by copyright, patent and/or other proprietary intellectual property rights under United States and foreign law.
180 Skills logos, trademarks and service marks which may appear on the Class Sites (“Marks”), are the property of 180 Skills and are protected under United States and foreign laws. All other trademarks, service marks and logos used on the Class Sites, with or without attribution, are the trademarks, service marks or logos of their respective owners. In addition, elements of the Class Sites are protected by trade dress and other federal and state intellectual property laws and may not be copied, reproduced, downloaded or distributed in any way in whole or in part without the express written consent of 180 Skills.
License to Use the Class Sites and Online Courses
The Online Courses may provide you with the ability to upload forum posts, user discussions, profile pages, and other content and media for social interaction, or certain information and materials for use with the Class Sites or Online Courses, e.g., questions, hypotheticals, examples, etc. (collectively, “User Content”). 180 Skills does not claim ownership of any User Content you may submit or make available for inclusion on the Class Sites or Online Courses. Accordingly, subject to the license granted to 180 Skills below, User will be the sole and exclusive owner of any and all rights, title and interest in and to the User Content.
With respect to any User Content you submit to 180 Skills (including for inclusion on the Class Sites or Online Courses) or that is otherwise made available to 180 Skills, you hereby grant 180 Skills an irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free and non-exclusive license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such User Content on the Class Sites or in the Online Courses or otherwise exploit the User Content, with the right to sublicense such rights (to multiple tiers), for any purpose (including for any commercial purpose); except that, with regard to User Content comprised of a subtitle, caption or translation of Content, you agree that the license granted to 180 Skills above shall be exclusive. 180 Skills reserves the right to remove any User Content at any time and for any reason.
To the extent that you provide any User Content, you represent and warrant that (a) you have all necessary rights, licenses and/or clearances to provide such User Content and permit 180 Skills to use such User Content as provided above, (b) such User Content is accurate and reasonably complete, (c) as between you and 180 Skills, you shall be responsible for the payment of any third party fees related to the provision and use of such User Content, and (d) such User Content does not and will not infringe or misappropriate any third party rights or constitute a fraudulent statement or misrepresentation or unfair business practices.
With respect to any submissions of User Content, you agree to comply with all applicable local rules including but not limited to rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
Use of Provided Communication Methods and Relates Services
To purchase any services or products offered by 180 Skills through the Class Sites, you must have Internet access and a current valid accepted payment method as indicated during sign-up (“Payment Method”). You agree to 180 Skills, or its third-party payment provider, storing your payment information. You also agree to pay for the products you purchase through the 180 Skills Class Sites as they become due.
180 Skills is committed to customer satisfaction. It is our policy to enable all users to communicate any issues they may have to the Company. We will respond to all customer issues within 5 business days from receipt.
If you have any issues or complaints we welcome your feedback and input. Please email your complaints or thoughts to email@example.com.
180 Skills offers Users a thirty (30)-day, no-questions-asked money back guarantee on all products so long as no course assessment has been accessed. If you, as a User, are unhappy with a Skills Course, have not accessed any course assessment, and request a refund within thirty (30) days of the date that you paid the one-time fee to the Course (“Course Fee”), we will provide you with a full refund of the amount you paid. To request a refund send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is never possible to request a refund by telephone.
For Indiana Self-pay Residents Only
REFUND POLICY: CORRESPONDENCE POSTSECONDARY PROPRIETARY EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION’S.
The institution shall cancel a student’s enrollment upon request of the student. The student’s obligation at the time of cancellation will be calculated as follows:
1. A student is entitled to a full refund if one (1) or more of the following criteria are met:
a. After six (6) days, but before beginning of training, a registration fee of 20% of the total tuition not to exceed $100.00.
b. The student does not meet the postsecondary proprietary educational institution’s minimum admission requirements.
c. The student’s enrollment was procured as a result of a misrepresentation in the written materials utilized by the postsecondary proprietary educational institution.
d. If the student has not visited the postsecondary educational institution prior to enrollment, and, upon touring the institution or attending the regularly scheduled orientation/classes, the student withdrew from the program within three (3) days.
2. A student withdrawing from an instructional program, after starting the instructional program at a postsecondary proprietary institution and attending one (1) week or less, is entitled to a refund of ninety percent (90%) of the cost of the financial obligation, less an application/enrollment fee of ten percent (10%) of the total tuition, not to exceed one hundred dollars ($100).
3. A student withdrawing from an instructional program, after attending more than one (1) week but equal to or less than twenty-five percent (25%) of the duration of the instructional program, is entitled to a refund of seventy-five percent (75%) of the cost of the financial obligation, less an application/enrollment fee of ten percent (10%) of the total tuition, not to exceed one hundred dollars ($100).
4. A student withdrawing from an instructional program, after attending more than twenty-five percent (25%) but equal to or less than fifty percent (50%) of the duration of the instructional program, is entitled to a refund of fifty percent (50%) of the cost of the financial obligation, less an application/enrollment fee of ten percent (10%) of the total tuition, not to exceed one hundred dollars ($100).
5. A student withdrawing from an instructional program, after attending more than fifty percent (50%) but equal to or less than sixty percent (60%) of the duration of the instructional program, is entitled to a refund of forty percent (40%) of the cost of the financial obligation, less an application/enrollment fee of ten percent (10%) of the total tuition, not to exceed one hundred dollars ($100).
6. A student withdrawing from an institutional program, after attending more than sixty percent (60%) of the duration of the instructional program, is not entitled to a refund.
Indiana residents enrolled in Career Package or Skills Certificate programs have the right to contact the Office of Career and Technical Schools if a conflict cannot be resolved with the Company.
Office of Career and Technical Schools
10 North Senate Avenue, Room 304
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Services Availability and Limitations
You acknowledge and agree that 180 Skills’ services, including paid services and products, are not available at all times, and that certain usage limits may apply. Please refer to the FAQ for additional information about limitations and hours of availability. You also understand that 180 Skills, at its sole discretion, may limit, suspend, or terminate your use of all 180 Skills-provided services related to 180 Skills’ programs, such as access to 180 Skills courses, evaluation services, or certifications. You also understand that 180 Skills may modify or discontinue all services related to its programs at its sole discretion.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You expressly acknowledge and agree that your use of the Class Sites, the Online Courses and all Content and services available on the Class Sites is at your sole risk and responsibility. THE ONLINE COURSES (INCLUDING ANY CONTENT) ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, “WITH ALL FAULTS” , AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITH NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND THE ENTIRE RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE ONLINE COURSES AND CONTENT.
180 SKILLS AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE OPERATION OF THIS ONLINE SERVICE, THE USE, VALIDITY, ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF, OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE MATERIALS ON THIS ONLINE SERVICE OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE LINKED TO THIS ONLINE SERVICE. THE MATERIALS OF THIS ONLINE SERVICE MAY BE OUT OF DATE, AND 180 SKILLS MAKES NO COMMITMENT TO UPDATE THE MATERIALS AT THIS ONLINE SERVICE. THE ONLINE SERVICE MAY BE USED TO ACCESS AND TRANSFER INFORMATION OVER THE INTERNET; YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT 180 SKILLS AND ITS VENDORS AND LICENSORS DO NOT OPERATE OR CONTROL THE INTERNET. 180 SKILLS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FILES AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOADING FROM THIS ONLINE SERVICE, IF ANY, WILL BE FREE FROM INFECTION, VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES, OR OTHER CODE THAT MANIFEST CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES. 180 SKILLS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS ONLINE SERVICE, SOFTWARE, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS IN THIS ONLINE SERVICE, SOFTWARE, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT (A) THE CLASS SITES, CONTENT, OR THE ONLINE COURSES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS OR ACHIEVE THE INTENDED PURPOSES, (B) THE CLASS SITES OR THE ONLINE COURSES WILL NOT EXPERIENCE OUTAGES OR OTHERWISE BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE, (C) THE INFORMATION OR CONTENT OBTAINED THROUGH THE CLASS SITES OR THE ONLINE COURSES, SUCH AS CHAT ROOM SERVICES, WILL BE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, CURRENT, ERROR-FREE, COMPLETELY SECURE OR RELIABLE, OR (D) THAT DEFECTS IN OR ON THE CLASS SITES OR CONTENT WILL BE CORRECTED. YOU ASSUME ALL RISK OF PERSONAL INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH AND DAMAGE TO PERSONAL PROPERTY, SUSTAINED FROM USE OF THE ONLINE COURSES AND CONTENT.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL 180 SKILLS AND ITS LICENSORS, AND ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SUBCONTRACTORS, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, AFFILIATES OR SUBSIDIARIES, BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION ARISING OUT OF RELATING TO THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS ONLINE SERVICE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THIS ONLINE SERVICE, THE MATERIALS, SOFTWARE OR OTHER INFORMATION CONTAINED IN ANY OR ALL SUCH ONLINE SERVICE, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
WHILE YOUR USE OF THE ONLINE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK, IF 180 SKILLS SHOULD HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS, HARM OR DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OF THE ONLINE SERVICE, 180 SKILLS’ TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS SHALL NOT EXCEED THE LESSER OF $500 OR THE AMOUNT OF FEES PAID TO 180 SKILLS BY YOU OR YOUR SUBSCRIBING ORGANIZATION FOR THE APPLICABLE PORTION OF THE ONLINE SERVICE IN THE PRECEDING SIX (6) MONTHS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ABSENT YOUR AGREEMENT TO THIS LIMITATION, 180 SKILLS AND ITS LICENSORS WOULD NOT PROVIDE THE ONLINE SERVICE OR THE MATERIALS ACCESSIBLE HEREIN.
Linking to Other Sites
The Class Sites may contain links to pages on other websites (“Linked Sites”), and those Linked Sites may contain content or offer products and/or services for sale. 180 Skills does not author, edit, control, or monitor these Linked Sites. You acknowledge and agree that (a) we have no responsibility for the accuracy or availability of information provided by Linked Sites, and (b) we do not control or endorse the sponsors of such Linked Sites or the content, products, advertising, or other materials presented on such Linked Sites. We may remove any Linked Sites from the Class Sites at any time for any reason or for no reason.
180 Skills WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY TRANSACTIONS CONDUCTED BY YOU WITH THIRD PARTIES THROUGH THE LINKED SITES OR FOR ANY LIABILITY ARISING FROM THE REPRESENTATIONS OR INFORMATION PROVIDED ON SUCH LINKED SITES.
We appreciate that Linked Sites may contain material in which the operator of the Linked Sites has intellectual property rights. We respect those rights and provide the links for information purposes only. The fact that we have linked to any Linked Site does not create or imply any relationship or partnership with the operator of such Linked Site.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless 180 Skills, its licensors, and any of their respective officers, directors, employees, subcontractors, agents, successors, assigns, affiliates or subsidiaries, from and against any and all claims, causes of action, lawsuits, proceedings, losses, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable legal and accounting fees) arising or resulting from (i) Your use of the Online Service; (ii) Your violation of this Agreement; (iii) incomplete or inaccurate information or data provided by You; (iv) unauthorized use of any content or materials available on or through the Online Service; or (v) any content You upload or post to the Online Service. Notwithstanding the foregoing, You are not required to indemnify 180 Skills against claims that the Online Service, when used for the Authorized Use, infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any third party. 180 Skills reserves the right, at its discretion, to assume or participate, at Your and Your organization’s expense, in the investigation, settlement and defense of any action or claim to which it is entitled to indemnification. No claim shall be settled without 180 Skills’ prior written consent unless such settlement includes a complete release of 180 Skills from all liability and does not contain or contemplate any payment by, or injunctive or other equitable relief binding upon, 180 Skills.
Termination of Rights
Dispute Procedure and Claims of Copyright Infringement
180 Skills respects the rights and intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your product or other work has been misrepresented or used in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide 180 Skills’ Copyright Agent with the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the product, copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the product, work or other intellectual property that you claim has been misrepresented or infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is misrepresenting or infringing your product, work or other intellectual property is located on the Online Courses;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the owner of the product, work, copyright or intellectual property, or its agent, or applicable law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the product, work, copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on such owner’s behalf.
180 Skills Copyright Agent for notices of disputes or claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached as follows:
180 Skills, LLC.
6640 Intech Blvd., Suite 295
Indianapolis, IN 4678
180 Skills, LLC.
6640 Intech Blvd. Suite 295
Indianapolis, Indiana 46278
The section titles herein are displayed for convenience only and have no legal effect.