Threaded fasteners are frequently used in assemblies. Understanding the terms associated with threads and threaded fasteners is important for anyone working with fasteners and other parts with threads.
By the end of this course, you will be able to
- Describe the function of a threaded fastener
- Identify the basic characteristics of a thread
- Describe how to specify threaded fasteners
- Identify the size and type of fastener given an example
- Define the grades of bolts
- Identify the grade of a bolt